Taking a glance at our overlay, it appears that we have about 3 hours of bussing left, so let’s reflect a little on Paul’s rather extraordinary shift:
- We surpassed the Desert Bus 7 total (it was about $523k) and thereby became the earningest Desert Bus for Hope of all time! Of all time! As of right now, we’re sitting just above $600k, with a few earning hours still left to go!
- CBC Radio’s As It Happens covered us! The beloved interview-news program has is enjoyed across Canada and is even exported to other countries around the world!
- Paul’s shift surpassed $75,000 or so and became the earningest single shift in Desert Bus history! Of course, he passed that hours ago so as of press time he’s cruising somewhere above $140,000 and getting near to doubling the single-shift record!
- In fact, Paul’s shift alone has surpassed the entire amount raised by DB3!
- The muchly signed PS4 & PAX challenge coin became the earningest donation drive in Desert Bus history, bringing in $32,000 and more than doubling the old record of $14,000!
- We surpassed $600,000! Nice milestone!
- According to some funky James-rithmatic, since we’ve started, we’ve averaged $1.08 per second! WHAT.
According to the scoreboard we still have three hours of bussing left — plenty of time for some last minute surprises to come up!