It’s time for another art contest, people, and this is going to be a good one. Kathleen has issued a challenge to create a portrait of her D&D alterego Pel.
There is a lot of stuff to know about Pel, so I made some notes based on Kathleen’s descriptions. Feel free to use as many or as few as the notes as you like, because there’s a lot here.
This contest is open until Kathleen’s shift ends at 10 this evening — that’s about 10 hours from now, so she is expecting quality! As always, send your entries to [email protected].
The winner will receive a fantastical D&D adventure pack, including a hardcover copy of the Murder in Baldur’s Gate setting book, a Murder in Baldur’s Gate adventure booklet, and a folding tetraptych DM screen.
- Male Elf, Wizard, level 5
- Favors fire attacks
- Alignment is chaotic something
- Comes from a noble background
Personality and Characteristics
- Self-styled ladies’ man
- Pyromaniac (obsessed with setting fires)
- Has a bad sense of timing
- Obsessed with mushrooms
Items and Garb
- Cloak of Resistance
- Elven Chain Mail
- Uses Staff implement
- Crystal Ball
- Magic scrolls
- Ring of Shooting Stars
- Scrying Orb
- Socketed golden skull
- Poops on enemy food supplies
- Helps himself to party treasure
- Is followed everywhere by an entourage of Goblin servants, who revere him as a semi-divine figure and loyally obey his every command. This often means carrying unconscious party members
- Has a cursed Scrying Orb that seemed to give him the power to spy on anyone he pleased, but was actually giving fake visions. It also caused him to act erratically, including an obsession with mushrooms
- Experimented with transmuting organic matter into Earth Elementals, beginning with a ham sandwich